Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself.


Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tim and this blog is going to be my home for some time. I'm a Canadian student (BA Interdisciplinary Studies) pursuing my Master of Social Work. I also work full time. I want to tell you that I am a musician but I don't want to say "used to be". I still love music and do not play often enough although, I do still play concerts once in a while. My life has taken a different direction and I find far more fulfillment in social work than I ever did as a performer or music teacher. I'm very politically involved and consider myself to fit in the activist column. I volunteer religiously with a variety of organizations but we'll probably talk all about that another time. Religion is something else, I was raised Catholic but do not identify myself as religious. I am however, spiritual. I do yoga every morning and meditate for as long as I can.


Two years ago I made the decision to pull up my proverbial socks and go back to school full-time. I enrolled an undergraduate program, it was enlightening. A much different experience than the college/diploma post-secondary experience.


So, what can you expect from this blog? I wanted to keep track of my thoughts, share ideas and generally get myself "out there". That will certainly involve academic pursuits, political discussions and essays (or rants), ideas about professional development, networking and conferences. It may even mean you having to endure personal interests from books and electronics to yoga gear and daily life. I feel very inclined to call this a lifestyle blog but I'm also inclined to say that "lifestyle blog" sounds like it's for a!%holes. So, how about we just call this the infinitely awesome diarium of Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment