Sunday, April 27, 2014

In the News: Some help to figure out your mental health options.

        I was away over the past week and was sent this photo of a short article I recently wrote for Hamilton's Mountain News. The article will be of interest for Hamiltonian's especially because I include the details for free group psychotherapy with Mood Menders.



I wrote the article to address an issue that I get asked a lot: what are my options to help with my mental health? I'm a big believer in therapy and living well. That usually is where I start with my recommendations. This does not mean I disagree with medication, in fact medication can create a window of opportunity to do some good work in therapy. If you read the article, you'll see that Canadian's (according to Statistics Canada) expressed that counselling or psychotherapy was the most  needed however, was the need most not met.

Enjoying the spring weather,
Tim.